THE PREMED COURSE – WHEN, WHERE & HOW MUCH?
When are the PreMed courses held and what are the next confirmed dates?
– Courses are generally held in September, December and April of each year.
– The next confirmed courses are Saturday 7th April 2018 and Saturday 1st September 2018
What are the timings of the course?
– Each course starts at 9.45am and finishes at 4.45pm
– Registration opens at 9.00am (please note, there will be no entry into the buildings before this time).
– Do not worry if you arrive late or need to leave early.
– You may, of course, leave the course early if you need to at the end of the day.
All courses are held at:
The Sir Alexander Fleming Building (Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus)
Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2AZ
Click here for a Google Maps link
Click here for travel directions to the University Campus
– The venue is accessible to all.
What to bring on the day
– You may bring pen and paper to make notes during the day, if you wish.
– Everything else is provided, including refreshments and lunch.
What to wear
– There is no dress code for the day. Most attendees wear casual dress.
– You do not need to bring a white coat or any other specific attire or equipment.
Special dietary requirements
– Food suitable for most dietary preferences is available on the day.
– Sandwiches provided at lunchtime will be divided into meat, fish and vegetarian.
– However, we do ask that if any application has any very specific dietary requirements, such as Gluten-free that you email us to let us know in advance.
Video and Audio Recording
– No video or audio recording is permitted during the course.
– We regret that the course is only open to those people considering a career in Medicine.
– Parents and guardians of those people may not attend.
– We do encourage those applying to Graduate Entry to attend this course.
– Do not hesitate to contact us using the “Contact Us” Link on the left, email is the preferred method.
– If your parents are dropping you off at the venue, there is plenty for them to do nearby whilst you attend the course.
Information for Schools:
– You can download a poster here